Monday, January 9, 2012

Magical Mondays on Hold Until Further Notice, but the Heian and Regency entries will continue

After careful consideration, I've decided to temporarily (and likely permanently) shelve the Magical Mondays feature on my blog. Although I really enjoyed doing it, I've found that the research involved in finding interesting new topics (rather than just going into increasing, intense depth on certain things already mentioned) was starting to take up a lot of time, especially as I'm interested in trying to accurately document people's true beliefs in these matters. Due to various recent changes in my circumstances, the amount of free time I have has become increasingly constrained, and I need to make sure I have time to squeeze out some actual fiction now and again.

My Heian and Regency features have benefited from the fact that I've already done extensive research or am in the process of doing research for various novels set in those periods (or, in one case, a slightly alternative history paranormal version), so I often have easy access to relevant research materials or detailed notes I can draw on. So, while they do take up some time, they don't require quite the effort of Magical Monday.

Thank you for your attention, and I hope that those who have stopped by for Magical Mondays will check out my continuing series on Heian Japan and Regency England. The Heian series will, on occasion, contain entries related to magical an supernatural beliefs of the period. In addition, though perhaps less exotic, there is still the occasional ghost story or bit of spiritualism to talk about in the Regency period (the Victorian period was more the heyday of that sort of thing).

No comments: