Saturday, June 4, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday #9: Letting The Ginger Ale Fly

If you're unfamiliar with Six Sentence Sunday, the idea is simple. You post six sentences from one of your works (published or unpublished, WIP or complete). Normally, there is the fine Six Sentence Sunday blog, so you can easily find other people doing the same thing, but alas they are moving servers this week.

Today, I'm going back to my YA urban fantasy, Osland. In this scene, the protagonist, Gail Dorjee (who is of Tibetan descent) deals with a rude boy using a bit of a rather pathetic racially-tinged come-on in a wet way:


 “Too bad you didn’t have a Coke,” I said. “Better stains.” I turned back to Jason. “Well, if you have a fever, yellow or otherwise, you need to cool down.” With a quick flick of my wrist, I tossed the remaining ginger ale into Jason’s face. Some might consider it a bit of an overreaction, but the satisfaction would be more than worth it.

In a few days (once the move is complete), check out sixsunday.blogspot.com to see how to join their list that gets posted on Sundays.

2 comments:

Pippa Jay said...

Oh, I've chucked a drink over someone - the look on their face is just stunning! (my evil younger sister by the way). :-P

Lindsay said...

Never had the pleasure of tossing a drink in someone's face before but there sure were times I thought about doing it.